Click To Visit Website!
Supervises and performs direct and indirect tenant care as specified on individual tenant service plan and physician orders according to established policies, procedures, and objectives of the organization and the established Professional Gerontological Standards of Nursing Practice Code. This position carries with it the responsibility and authority of substantial input into the decisions to hire, fire, assign duties to personal care workers, evaluate and discipline.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certificates, etc.):
Valid Wisconsin RN license. Follows/adheres to organization, federal/state regulations and guidelines, including Tenant/Client Rights; maintains neat, well-groomed appearance, adhering to dress code of organization/program.
• Obtain prescriptions from doctors as needed
• Clarify orders
• Assess tenants per request
• Train staff related to treatments needed by tenants and medication pass
• Monitor monthly vital sheets and make recommendations to tenants regarding overall health
• Communicate to Director what follow-up will be needed over the week
• Check clipboard for tenant requests
• Monitor diabetic blood sugars and make recommendations to tenants/physicians
• Document tenant visits in chart
• Diabetic cares as needed, i.e. fingernail and toenail care
• Checking lab test report sheets from Clinic, follow through with medication changes as needed
• Direct Supervision care
• On-call responsibilities
• Monitor/assess tenants out of facility, i.e., hospital/nursing home
• Develop Individual Service Plans/Care Plans
• Audit charts