Click To Visit Website!
This position is responsible for the overall operations of the nursing department. They are expected to uphold the mission, philosophy and values of Grace Lutheran Foundation to provide high quality, Christian-based, concierge care to our residents, staff, and community partners.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certifications, etc.):
Successful completion of a bachelor's degree program in Nursing, or willingness to obtain baccalaureate-level Degree. Two to four years of director-level experience in a similar role/setting. Must be currently licensed, or able to be licensed immediately as a Registered Nurse eligible to practice in the State of Wisconsin.
• Administers, directs and conducts all nursing activities to carry out its goals and objectives.
• Participates in development, implementation and maintains facility objectives and procedures.
• Fosters positive communication within the program/facility and the organization as a whole. As well as with our partnering physicians, referral agencies, and community.
• Coordinates QAPI functions in conjunction with facility Administrator, Medical Director, and IDT.
• Promotes and participates in strategy implementation such as Joint Camp
• Promotes organization's team concept
• Interprets philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of organization to facility personnel.
• Makes decisions and performs all duties in accordance with organization's policies/procedures, state and federal regulations and in conformance with recognized standards.
• Acts as facility liaison during BQA surveys.
• Recruitment and selection of qualified personnel necessary to meet the needs of the residents and facility.
• Utilizing a participative management style, encourages a team approach to decision making.
• Ensure quality services, prompt resolution of concerns and customer satisfaction.
• Continually monitors and evaluates staff performance.
• Ensures the organization's Human Resource policies and procedures are administered fairly and effectively.
• Investigates and initiates incidents of discipline/corrective action (including discharge), if necessary, according to established personnel procedures, in conjunction with Human Resources
• Accessible to all staff on all shifts.
• Reviews department staff accident and incident reports and follows up as appropriate
• Maintains and safeguards confidential information.
• Communicates effectively with residents, families, co-workers, the public and facility medical director.
• Functions independently in situations that require professional judgment.
• Serves as a role model by recognizing and meeting the needs of the residents, families and staff through effective use of concierge care model.