Click To Visit Website!
Director of Admissions and Social Services
Eau Claire, WI
Responsible for admissions to Grace - River Pines/Prairie Pointe Facilities, identification of social, psychological and emotional strengths and needs of residents/clients and provision of services to meet such needs, and promotes adjustment to total living environment. Upholds the mission and philosophy of Grace Lutheran Foundation, Inc.
Special Features/Requirements: (license, certification, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited college and certified or eligible for certification as a Social Worker from Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. Knowledge of and experience working with Medicare/Medicaid.
- Develops, implements, and maintains admissions and social services department and the organization as a whole.
- Promotes organization's team concept. Interprets philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of organization to admissions and social services personnel.
- Makes decisions and performs all duties in accordance with organization's policies/procedures, state and federal regulations and in conformance with recognized standards.
- Recruitment and selection of qualified department staff necessary to meet or exceed the needs of residents/clients and GLF programs.
- Coordinating the Admissions and Social Services Department; develop and implements quality admissions and social services to resident/clients and families; empowering staff to be creative, offer input into the decision making process and to develop programs.
- Is knowledgeable of and trains department staff on the admissions and social services regulations regarding GLF program to empower staff to effectively and efficiently perform their job.
- Serve as resident/client advocate for GLF programs, resident/client and families paying particular attention to resident/client rights. Serve as complaint investigator.
- Maintain concise and accurate resident/client documentation including timely MDS input.
- Provide individual/group counseling for residents/clients and their families relative to personal needs, social relationship, personal and financial needs and individual concerns.
- Ensures fair and consistent treatment of staff.
- Continually monitors and evaluates staff performance
- Investigates and initiates incidents of discipline/corrective action (including discharge), if necessary, according to established personnel procedures
- Accessible to staff on all shifts
- Plans annual department budget and works within an approved budget
- Supervises and approves all admissions and social services purchases
- Plans and implements admission and social services staff development program, including required in-services.
- Service education, to meet the needs of all admissions and social service staff
- Reviews all department staff accident and incident reports
- Maintains and safeguards confidential information
- Communicates effectively with residents/clients, families, co-workers, and public.
- Functions independently in situations that require professional judgement
- Serves as a role model by recognizing and meeting the needs of the residents/clients, families, and staff through effective use of "Safety, Courtesy, Care, and Efficiency" standards.
- Markets facility programs to potential residents, families, and the community
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Improvement program
- Conducts investigations of alleged abuse, neglect, and misappropriation
- Ability to use technology
- Helps residents with working with insurance companies for authorizations, updates, insurance verification of benefits