• Must be physically able to waist lift a maximum of fifty (50) pounds with frequent waist lifting of objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
• Must be able to stand or walk for 4-6 hours in an 8-hour day.
• Must be able to frequently bend, squat and twist body during an 8-hour day.
• Required to be subject to call for emergency conditions/situations.
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends or holidays if necessary. Subject to call at all hours.
• Must report for duty at the scheduled time.
• Must possess leadership abilities, effective communication skills, organization and willingness to cooperate with other departments in the center.
• Must be pleasant, courteous and tactful when dealing with residents, families, visitors, vendors and co-workers.
• Must be able to cope with the stress of the position.
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Team Member Initials:
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
1. Assure preventative maintenance of equipment and building are performed on a regularly scheduled basis and appropriate documentation is maintained in compliance with regulations and established procedures.
2. Assure compliance with state, federal and other regulatory guidelines.
3. Schedule, conduct and document fire and disaster drills in accordance with regulatory requirements and center policy.
4. Participate in surveys/inspections by external agencies as directed.
5. Conduct or participate in regular safety inspection tours of the center, assure documentation of findings and implementation of corrective action as needed.
6. Prepare clear and technically correct reports on maintenance functions as requested.
7. Provide center-wide training on safety issues, as requested.
8. Assures the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) binder is in place and kept current.
9. Follows established policies and procedures concerning infection control when performing maintenance duties.
10. Performs routine maintenance on the grounds, parking areas, and driveways by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc. as necessary/directed.
11. Performs routine maintenance and repair on the center and equipment tin include plumbing, plastering, painting, routine electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc. as directed, in accordance with established procedures.
12. Cleans windows and screens as directed.
13. Replaces burned out light bulbs to include exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc. and perform housekeeping duties in very high places.
14. Ensures maintenance supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
15. Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions to assure that all established safety rules/regulations are followed at all times.
16. Maintains the general plant and center, ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment.
17. Communicates with supervisor regularly regarding equipment malfunctions, breakdowns, defective equipment and all unsafe/hazardous conditions. Follows proper policy and procedure for equipment, tool, and supply needs.
18. Attends and participates in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as directed.
19. Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, etc. as approved.
20. Acts as a positive role model for customer service to other staff. Assists coworkers and others by using the problem-solving method.
21. Any and all other duties and responsibilities that may become necessary and appropriate or as directed by the Administrator.