Cooperative Educational Services Agency 10 (CESA 10) in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin is looking for an individual to serve as a full-time, 12 month System Administrator/Programmer.
This position is primarily responsible for network operations, maintenance and security. Additionally the Systems Administrator/Programmer will work with other Information Technology personnel to develop short- and long-range plans addressing architecture of the network and new services/supports for employees and customers.
A. Education, Training, Experience:
1. Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred
2. Minimum of four years professional experience in Information Technology
B. Related Skills:
1. Experience using programming tools such as Powershell, Unix Shell Scripts
2. Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, Linux (Fedora), OSX, CISCO’s switch OS, and Sonicwall’s OS
3. Experience with hosting software
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Ability to maintain effective working relationships
C. Related Position Requirements: (travel, non-standard work hours)
1. Valid driver’s license and access to an insured motor vehicle, or other timely access to private transportation to facilitate assignments to school districts, meetings, or other off-site destinations. Agency vehicle may be available for occasional travel.
2. Position may require attendance at regional and state meetings and conferences.
A. Network Server Installation and Support
1. Troubleshoot, service, and provide general maintenance for agency network equipment.
2. Design server specifications and manage orders, warranties and vendor relationships.
3. Plan, design,and execute orders of individual laptops and desktops, manage its inventory and warranties.
4. Establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
5. Install, troubleshoot and support a variety of computer hardware and software products on PC, MAC and Unix platforms.
6. Troubleshoot and maintain the network Firewall.
7. Select, purchase, deploy and update new software.
8. Evaluate and implement strategies for network and computer security.
9. Develop and support web pages.
10. Other related activities as assigned by administration.
B. Network Support
1. Manage Domain Controller tasks such as users, lists, passwords, and computers.
2. Configure LAN equipment and WAN devices.
3. Assist in securing system by developing system access, data backups monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures and maintains documentation.
4. Ability to use PHP, SQL, Linux Shell Scripts, Windows Powershell Skills or equivalent tools for system programming.
C. Hosting Support
1. Procurement of equipment, licensing, deployment of software as a service.
2. Evalute security of hosted data.
3. Partner with agencies and vendors to ensure continuity of service.
4. Respond to needs of other project managers and support personnel.
5. Provide basic support of LAN and WAN hosting services, system backup, user permissions, report building.
6. Update hosting service's software, hardware, network access, and maintain documentation.
7. Provide basic and intermediate support for hosting support team and occasionally directly to clients.
D. Other Functions
1. Collaborate with members of the Information Technology team, CESA 10 staff, and other agencies in the development of new or changing services.
2. Provide expertise and contribute to the department short- and long-term planning.
3. Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position. Pay will commensurate with experience. An excellent benefit package will be provided including state retirement, health/dental/life/disability insurance, and paid time off.
Interested applicants may apply by sending a single .pdf file containing a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and salary history addressed to Mike Haynes, Agency Administrator. Please email your application file to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through February 16, 2018. Questions may be directed to Mike Haynes (715) 720-2079 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Desired start date is April 2, 2018.