The Technical Writer will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer will be responsible for designing, developing, writing manuals and completing projects. They will work collaboratively with product designers, engineering teams, and subject matter experts to make our documentation and document management system easier to understand and use.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Plan, write, and maintain easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of audiences. This includes:
- Owner manuals (installation, operation, and service)
- Release notes
- Training materials
- Searchable online help
* Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
* Perform research and complete writing tasks to aid the development of GFS’ technical manuals and product literature
* Organize material and complete writing assignments according to stringent quality and consistency standards
* Work with customer representatives, vendors, and internal teams to establish technical specifications and define documentation deliverables
* Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and ensure accuracy
* Reference engineering drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to integrate existing information into new documentation
* Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate components and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, web design, instructional design, or related field preferred; an Associate’s degree required
- Five or more years of experience within an engineering/manufacturing company
- Experience with tools including FrameMaker, Microsoft Office Suite, Interleaf, PDM, and ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in creating technical manuals with minimal assistance
- Previous participation as a member of new product development teams
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Please apply online at www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.