The Shift Supervisor provides superior customer service in a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. This position is responsible for greeting customers, preparing sandwiches, taking customers’ payment, and creating a positive, energetic atmosphere for customers and team members. The Shift Supervisor coordinates task completion by delegating during the absence of the General Manager and Food Service Manager.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
Provides exceptional customer service.
• Welcomes customers to the store and assists customers with questions.
• Prepares sandwiches for both in-store and commissary food orders.
• Takes payment using POS system. Accurately rings up all sales and able to process cash and credit card purchases.
• Develops personal ongoing relationships with customers.
• Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette.
• Addresses customer concerns and resolves issues when a customer is not satisfied with the service or product received.
• Delivers outstanding product and customer hospitality, while developing customer loyalty. Promptly and professionally address customer comments.
Communicates and works cooperatively with Food Service Manager to maintain department standards.
• Ensures work environment is clean by doing and delegating tasks: Keeps prep counter and floor free of food and garbage, keeps dining room area clean, washes dishes, and performs daily cleaning duties.
• Enforces Erbert & Gerbert’s and Mega’s guidelines, including food handling and safety procedures in the restaurant.
• Assist in the training of team members as directed and promptly notify the General Manager or Food Service Manager of any team member-relations issues.
• Makes the best use of time and resources; seeks ways to reduce costs.
• Prevents loss by knowing and complying with Mega’s safety rules.
• Identifies the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve a goal, and prioritizes key action steps.
• Assists in achieving projected sales goals and controlling both labor and food costs. Assists in maintaining and auditing food and non-food inventory levels in accordance with company guidelines.
• Anticipates the impacts and risks of decisions and actions.
Contributes to overall team readiness
• Orders and displays signage to ensure all products are properly priced.
• Assists in achieving projected sales goals and controlling both labor and food costs.
• Assists in maintaining and auditing food and non-food inventory levels in accordance with company guidelines.
• Completes opening and closing duties.
• Assists management with receiving and storing of food items and supplies.
• Required to make appropriate decisions in a fast-paced environment (Assign breaks, side work, station plans).
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager and/or General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all team members.
• Must be able to follow menu specifications, recipes, read tickets, and maintain an organized work area.
• Must be able to use a computer for time keeping and cash handling purposes.
• Possesses excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Good oral and written communication.
• Proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: cash register, box cutter, meat slicer, and proper lifting techniques.
• Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
• Complete knowledge of all company security regulations and federal/state/local regulations relating to food safety.
• Effective mathematical skills for proper money handling.
• Commitment to excellence in customer service and other Mega values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Customer-service experience preferred.
• Prior experience with cash register and/or cash handling highly recommended.
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate the meat slicer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Frequent stopping, bending, squatting, kneeling, walking, reaching turning, climbing stairs/ladders.
• Must be able to work at a fast pace.
• Regularly exposed to a cool, damp environment (coolers) as well as extreme hot temperatures.