Click To Visit Website!
TITLE: Center Director
Click for Website
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
This position will be hired with a 90-day probationary period
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated Clubhouse with the primary concern for resource development, programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, and community relations.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Establish site programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Strategic Planning
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate site overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
• Develop annual plans to generate revenues through a variety of fundraising techniques. Including: identify, cultivate, and solicit donors.
• Lead the planning and implementation of special events.
• Grant writing and reporting
• Manage site financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
• Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
• Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for site staff and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings.
Advisory Board Development
• Identify, recruit and develop effective advisory council members.
• Ensure active participation by advisory council members and support effective council roles and functioning.
• Ensure council is provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations. Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations in the community.
• Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
• Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintain oral and written contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, business leaders, parents, school officials and others as required.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of three years’ work experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Advisory Council, Club staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.