The Drafter/Designer translates the ideas, rough sketches, and specifications from the customer/sales personnel and Engineering team into general production and installation prints and bills of materials which are used in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of company products. This includes:
• Using C.A.D software to design and create concept, assembly, and detail drawings which illustrate the product design. Both 2D & 3D modeling experience preferred.
• Create manufacturing details (formed sheet metal parts & beam details) and bill of materials calling out quantities, sizes, and dimensions of materials used in the fabrication process.
• Create accurate packing lists for the shipping department.
• Provide basic support for all other departments as needed.
• Perform self-reviews on basic assembly drawings, detail drawings, and bills of materials.
• Two-year certificate from college or technical school in Drafting/Design or the equivalent;
• Previous work experience and/or training in structural steel and sheet metal design drafting.
• Past experience with Inventor and AutoCAD is preferred.
• Past experience with PDM/PLM applications (IFS preferred).
• Good Problem solving / Task analysis and Organizational Skills.
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Please apply online at www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.