The feeder operator is responsible for working along with press operators to run sheet-fed or web presses and properly setting up the feeder for each job. The feeder operator must review the ticket with the press operator and understand the requirements for the job. The feeder operator loads and maintains the feeder, fills the ink fountains, piles paper and keeps the press clean and orderly.
• Be able to read and understand English
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to lift 30 pounds repetitively
• Problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers
• Work and collaborate effectively within a multi-functional team
Knowledge of the printing process would be helpful, however most training will be on the job with the assistance of other operators. If you enjoy working with or around machines and making them run efficiently this might be an interesting job with advancement possibilities.
Applications can be found on our website www.johnsonlitho.com or apply in person.