PUSH your career forward with a winning team!
We are hiring 2018 and beyond!
Push Incorporated is a leading utility contractor that has been completing quality projects all over the United States since 1974. Whether it’s providing our customers with the personal one-on-one service they deserve or scaling resources to meet the needs of the most demanding project, PUSH incorporated will complete the project on time and on budget, executing in a manner that is safe for our employees, the public and the environment.
The Splicer I Technician will be responsible to assist Splicer II Technicians and Senior Splicing Technicians to complete projects by meeting timelines exceeding customer’s expectations. Splicing technician’s primary job function will be splicing fiber, including all the related tasks while working throughout multiple phases of a project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Splicing various types of Fiber optic cable.
• Bonding and grounding.
• Troubleshoot basic problems.
• Install equipment in customer’s central office.
• Install fiber optic enclosures in and out of customers’ homes.
• Maintain company equipment and image.
• Ensure acceptable testing and turn-over of splicing on time.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Continuous focus on safety.
• Possible copper splicing.
• Identify ways of continuous improvement of processes and procedures that will elevate the company, as a whole.
• Other duties as assigned.
Measurable tasks that are key to indicating the performance level in this role:
1. Projects spliced, tested, and turned over on time
2. Customer Satisfaction
3. Splicing profitability
4. Safety Performance
Physical and Environmental Factors:
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work long hours and potential nights and weekends.
• Ability to work in confined spaces, trailers, central offices.
• Ability to work outdoors, splicing tents, aerial platforms, and all terrain.
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, carry and lift as needed.
• Ability to distinguish colors in various lighting conditions.
• Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements, such as keyboard use or splicing and testing equipment.
• Must be willing to travel and for extended periods of time, dependent on project.
• 100% Travel.
Education and/or Experience:
Education: High School Diploma or GED, required. Specific Technical Training, preferred.
Work Experience: One-year experience working with Splicing Crew or with Underground Utility Installation.
Industry Knowledge: Familiarity of various splicing machines, OTDR’s, power meters and other associated equipment, preferred.
• Computer skills.
• Desire to learn.
• Demonstrate ability to read blue prints, maps.
• Knowledge of cable size, gauge, count, and colors of direction, preferred.
• Ability to read, comprehend and even prepare all job-related work reports (i.e. red-lined cable plans, throw sheets, test results, etc.)
• Positive Attitude
• Valid Driver’s License. DOT training (Company provided).
We have a sincere concern for our employees and their families, and we take enormous pride in offering competitive compensation and an extensive employment benefits package. Our employee benefit program lines up with our goal of being the “Employer of Choice.”
• Employer Paid Life Insurance.
• Voluntary Benefits.
• Holiday Pay.
• Employee Referral Program.
• Weekly Pay.
• Profit Sharing and 401k with company contribution.
• Per Diem and Travel Pay.
• Company Paid Training and Certifications.
• We value our employees and encourage them to grow by providing Advancement Opportunities.
Visit our website at push.us .You are also welcome to stop by and pick up an application at 1100 Lindy St., Rice Lake, WI 54868.
PUSH Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer! EOE/M/F/D/V