PUSH your career forward with a winning team!
We are hiring 2018 and beyond!
Push Incorporated is a leading utility contractor that has been completing quality projects all over the United States since 1974. Whether it’s providing our customers with the personal one-on-one service they deserve or scaling resources to meet the needs of the most demanding project, PUSH incorporated will complete the project on time and on budget, executing in a manner that is safe for our employees, the public and the environment.
The HDD Operator I is responsible for operating equipment necessary to install various utilities and associated units in various fields, including but not limited to power, telecom, water, and sewer via the HDD trenchless construction method.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
● Operates Directional Bore equipment for installation of underground cable conduit or utilities.
● Ensure proper steering based on the noted job preparations and projections.
● Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade alignment specification.
● Maintain bore profile plots and provide customer with directional drilling data.
● Insure the safety and welfare of the public around construction sites.
● Abide ALL company and manufacturer safety procedures and industry safety standards, in addition to attending mandatory safety meetings.
● Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of all equipment, including routine maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment, as necessary.
● Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
● Assist with all aspects of the job including basic labor responsibilities.
● Ensure that setup and cleanup of work site is completed properly, including traffic and pedestrian control measures.
● Operate vehicles and equipment, as directed and certified.
● Represents Push, Inc. in a positive and professional manner at all times.
● Identify ways of continuous improvement of processes and procedures that will elevate the company, as a whole.
● Other duties as assigned.
Measurable tasks that are key to indicating the performance level in this role:
● Most efficient use of equipment.
● Prevent damage to new or existing cables.
● Minimal clean-up required.
● Maintain proper depths.
● Maintenance of equipment used.
● Safety Performance.
Physical and Environmental Factors:
● Travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
● Working in all outdoor weather conditions.
● Sitting for long periods of time.
● Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. or more.
● Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, carry and lift as needed.
● Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements.
● 100% Field.
Education and/or Experience:
➢ Education: High school graduate or GED certificate.
➢ Work Experience: This person should have demonstrated field experience as a laborer with Horizontal Directional Drilling around utilities in rural and urban areas. Experience working around or with different size Vermeer or Ditch Witch units and various brands of locating equipment, preferred.
➢ Industry Knowledge: General knowledge of Utility Construction Procedures, including print reading. In addition, have knowledge of or be familiar with all procedures and associated tools and equipment necessary to install underground utilities in the most effective, safe and profitable manor. Comprehension of ground conditions for drilling/boring.
● Ability to accept change and manage adversity every day.
● Must be familiar with all procedures and associated tools and equipment necessary to install underground utilities in the most effective, safe and profitable manor.
● Demonstrated field experience as a laborer working with HDD Crews.
● Ability and patience to instruct and mentor other employees about the operational aspects of the assigned equipment and job.
● Ability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
● Positive Attitude.
We have a sincere concern for our employees and their families, and we take enormous pride in offering competitive compensation and an extensive employment benefits package. Our employee benefit program lines up with our goal of being the “Employer of Choice.”
• Employer Paid Life Insurance.
• Voluntary Benefits.
• Holiday Pay.
• Employee Referral Program.
• Weekly Pay.
• Profit Sharing and 401k with company contribution.
• Per Diem and Travel Pay.
• Company Paid Training and Certifications.
• We value our employees and encourage them to grow by providing Advancement Opportunities.
Visit our website at push.us .You are also welcome to stop by and pick up an application at 1100 Lindy St., Rice Lake, WI 54868.