Smart Sand, Inc. is committed to the safe, sustainable, economical, and environmentally-responsible mining and processing of sand (proppant) used in unconventional oil and gas exploration. As an experienced and industrial sand mining company, we are eager to meet hardworking, dedicated and safety-oriented individuals.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our Finance and Accounting team as the:
Sr. Plant Accountant
The senior plant accountant functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. The senior plant accountant leads the financial staff at the plant, as applicable, and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including:
• Equipment tracking and accounting
• Assisting with inventory cost accounting
• Oversight of tools and parts inventory tracking
• Oversight of the maintenance system
• Business analysis
• Financial reporting
This position will report to the Corporate Assistant Controller. This position is based primarily at our Oakdale, WI facility, although limited out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
• Knowledge of Sage ERP systems and use of related technologies, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• 6+ years of experience in a mining or industrial setting preferred.
• Good understanding of financial statements (i.e. working knowledge of income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Self-starter and proven problem solver with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
• Adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential, including the ability to meet constant deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders (management, vendors, suppliers).
• Must have outstanding administrative and organizational skills and be able to prioritize responsibilities.
• Strong decision making, leadership and communication skills required.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others.
At Smart Sand, we offer a cutting-edge work environment, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! To learn more about our exciting organization and/or to apply us:
• Apply online at smartsand.com
Equal Opportunity Employer