Global Finishing Solutions is hiring for an experience Welder to join our team. As a Welder, you will be responsible for welding components onto structural assemblies as specified by the blue print and shear list. Job duties include:
- Tack weld and position components with a welding gun to assemble structural assemblies as specified by the blueprints and shear lists
- As a welder, you must accurately read a tape measure down to 1/32nd of an inch
- Stitch sheet metal components
- Operate overhead cranes and jib cranes
- Set-up the weld machine
- Associate's Degree and 1-3 years of experience in a welding position, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MIG welding experience preferred
- Ability to assemble sheet metal components from blueprints and position the weld-ons and beam pads as specified by the blueprints and shear lists
- Must have mechanical adeptness and ability to operate necessary shop tools required such as a torch, beam punch, band saw, and drill press according to specified safety requirements.
- Must be able to work well within a fast paced, efficient manufacturing team, and be thorough and detailed orientated
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
Monday-Thursday 6am-3:30pm & Friday 7am-11am; may be requested to work overtime
Starting at $14.50-16.00/hr; based on experience and skills
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries -- including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee 'makes their mark' on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.