Click To Visit Website!
Manages all financial functions including:
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Operations
- Property Management
- Employee Benefits
- Insurance Coverage
- Legal Requirements
- Donor Records
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Establish and implement policies and procedures for all financial management functions, ensuring appropriate controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
Collaborate with the CEO, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors to develop annual income and expense budget. Provide timely and complete reporting of financial results and recommendations for necessary actions to maintain the fiscal health of the Club.
Work closely with Clubs leadership and managers to:
- Maintain, analyze and interpret general ledger for all funds.
- Preparation and analysis of financial reports on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Oversee the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, record keeping and reporting, working with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings
See and secure financial support and resources by managing:
- The preparation of the annual request for United Way funds and
all assets and investments of the Boys & Girls Clubs, including real property, equities, bonds, and other assets
- Assist in the financial preparation, tracking, and reporting of organizational grants
- Lead organizational planning and development of operating and fund account budgets and control expenditures against budget
- Ensure the maintenance of financial records and record keeping systems to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and contractual requirements.
- Manage and administer employee benefits program
- Maintain all personal ad payroll records
- Train branch staff in proper procedures regarding cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and budgeting as needed or requested.
- Attend meeting of Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and other committees as needed
- Assist Center Directors in budget preparation and management as requested
- Maintian contact with Center Directors, Chief Operating Officer and corporate staff to provide technical assistance in matters of financial operations
- Interact regularly with CEO and Board of Directors to develop fiscal policies and budgets and to present regular reports in an advisory capacity.
Maintain contact with external auditors, vendors, insurance carriers, and other groups.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 1-3 years experience managing the accounting functions in a non-profit agency or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes and procedures of non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and coordinate operations in personnel supervision; the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, board members, volunteers, and other related agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to think clearly and concisely
- Must be able to function in a loud environment with high energy interacting with multiple aged members
- Must be able to work in a variety of environments