The Marketing Director is responsible for leading all aspects of EO Johnson’s marketing and public relations strategy and execution, including overseeing the development, presentation, and implementation of marketing and public relations campaigns, designed to increase lead generation to all business units. This includes providing direction around timelines and budgets, day-to-day communication and reporting, and the interaction with other team members to execute strategies. Works closely with senior leaders and sales leaders to fully understand business objectives and markets in order to develop value-added approaches necessary for maximizing EO Johnson’s business. This position will be responsible for managing multichannel programs that include advertising, direct mail, trade show support, web development and email marketing as well as a strong focus on digital marketing and social media.
The Director will work with multiple stakeholders in order to provide direction around the creation and implementation of marketing that meet business objectives and present a cohesive and consistent voice for the organization. This position will interact with internal and external customers and will be charged with increasing brand awareness, promoting positive community visibility, and generating strong brand advocates among audience members across a variety of channels, including social media. Responsible for utilizing existing client data for marketing additional products and services.
• Leads efforts to understand the market and the customer. Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity
• Maintains an awareness to current and future market trends by attending learning workshops, seminars, etc. Remains current on existing, new or changed programs and services. Recommends modifications to existing policies and procedures to contribute to the overall efficiency and cost-effectiveness of marketing
• Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with all business areas to stay informed and abreast to new initiatives, products and services, as well as to drive brand alignment, ensure customer relevance, and secure consistent execution throughout the company
• Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization, including managing the company’s marketing budget
• Measures the effectiveness of the marketing department and implements improvements as required. Ensures effective control of marketing results, including lead generation, and takes corrective action to guarantee the achievement of marketing objectives, including swift response to marketing problems and opportunities
• Develops, negotiates and manages activation of local and communities events, including sponsorships with sports teams, industry associations, golf outings, etc.
• Manages and facilitates the marketing side of partner relationships with key product and service providers to leverage the marketing assets developed by those partners, including Marketing Development Funds
• Conducts customer surveys to obtain marketing information about organization products and services
• In conjunction with sales leaders, directs the development of sales tools/programs designed to bring value-added options to our sales force. Serves as a key stakeholder to the CRM
• Develops short- and long-term plans and budgets for communications/public relations programs and activities, monitors and reports progress/accomplishments as company management requests
• Responsible for executing a comprehensive social media strategy that raises visibility, membership, and traffic across all EO Johnson brands, including strategies for channel selection, influencers and engagement, target audience follower acquisition, and content development
• Recommends, executes and/or oversees the execution of all social media activities across platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. including creating relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers; creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, video and written); monitoring, listening and responding to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales; advocating for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues, and answering questions where appropriate
• Oversees the updating and maintenance of EO Johnson websites to ensure they project an image of excellence and tie with the overall branding, product positioning, and social media strategy. Reviews best-in-class industry websites for ideas and works with website developer for timely execution
• Reinforce EO Johnson Core Values and Behaviors where appropriate throughout branding
• Leads the marketing team, including staffing, coaching, mentoring, and development
• Oversees outsourcing/agency relationships, as needed, for the production of printed and electronic materials and presentations used to support various business units
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
• Coordinates involvement in community organizations and events, including occasional speech writing assistance for executive presentations
• Responsible for supervising the marketing staff
• Performs other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility commensurate with assigned level
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in business, marketing, or journalism or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of related work experience
• 5 years’ experience in a Marketing leadership role, including leading a team
• Digital marketing experience
• Demand generation and CRM experience
• Proven ability to lead a proactive marketing organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Supervisory experience
• 8 years of related work experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to use creativity, marketing principles, and incorporate research results to assist in the production of professional marketing pieces and campaigns
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to foster excellent working relationships internally and externally
• Ability to work both independently and in collaborative environments
• Ability to maintain stringent timelines and meet deadlines and budgets
• Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivate staff to exceed expectations
• This position requires driving/travel occasionally
• Must have a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties in accordance with state and federal law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, have repetitive movement (fine motor like typing, writing, keyboarding, filing), talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and twist/turn. The employee is occasionally required to reach shoulder height, above shoulder height or below shoulder height, lift, carry, pull or push 25 pounds or less, kneel and bend/stoop/crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EO Johnson Business Technologies offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Benefits for full-time EO Johnson employees include:
• Competitive Compensation
• Vacation and Sick Days
• Parental Leave
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
• 401(K) plan with a 50% match up to your first 8%
• Discretionary 401(K) Profit Sharing Plan
• Company paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
EO Johnson Business Technologies has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. All open positions can be found on our website at
If this is the first time you have applied for a position with EO Johnson Business Technologies, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
ABOUT EO JOHNSON BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES:
EO Johnson Business Technologies is a leading business technologies provider, offering: managed IT services; managed print services; document management, scanning and business process systems; production print; and copy and printing equipment. EO Johnson has been in business since 1957, has offices in Wausau, Eau Claire, and La Crosse, WI; Rochester and Minneapolis, MN, and Waterloo, IA, and employs approximately 300 employees.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
EO Johnson Business Technologies is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.