Global Finishing Solutions is hiring for a Machine Operator to join our manufacturing team. The ideal candidate for this position should have a basic understanding of press brake, plasma, saw and shear operations. In addition, candidates should have extensive knowledge of blue print interpretation, bend allowances, and metal forming conformances. Basic forklift operation, preventative maintenance, basic computer skills, and positive attitude preferred.
• Accurately read and understand a tape measure to the 1/32 of an inch.
• Plans and develops product/part layout as outlined on blueprints.
• Calculation of bend allowance and adjustment for varying material thickness.
• Verify that the blueprint and shear list information is accurate and correct.
• Operate all aspects of CNC machines including tool setups and calibration
• Operate all aspects of shear including preventative maintenance and calibration
• Contribute to a continuous improvement environment
• High school education or GED
• 1-2 years of related manufacturing experience in steel fabrication or a combination of education and experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2am
Salary: $14.50-$18.72 – based on experience
$1.00/hr. shift differential
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.