Fire causes $10,000 damage to garage

View Map

EAU CLAIRE COUNTY, Wis. (WEAU)-- Firefighters say discarded ash from a fireplace started a fire in a garage Tuesday morning.

It happened just before noon on Crestview Road in the Town of Pleasant Valley.

Township Fire says the garage has $10,000 in damage. The attached home and a car that was inside the garage also got some smoke damage.

No one was home when the fire started and no one was hurt.

Several agencies were called to help put out the fire, including Eleva, Rock Creek and Altoona fire departments.



 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus