Firefighters treated for smoke inhalation while responding to chimney fire

View Map

NELSON, Wis. (WEAU)-- Several firefighters had to be treated for smoke inhalation after they responded to a chimney fire in Buffalo County.

It happened in the Village of Nelson Saturday afternoon.

The sheriff's department says the chimney of the home had to be torn down, and portions of the outside wall had to be removed in order to prevent the fire from spreading into the entire house.

Several crews responded to the fire and had to be checked out by a medical staff. No one else was hurt.

North Main Street was shut down for about an hour during the response. There's no word yet on what caused it.



 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus