NEW INFORMATION: Electrical failure likely cause of Germania Street fire

View Map

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU)-- Crews are now ruling a fire that displaced multiple people earlier this month, as accidental.

The fire happened January 14th on Germania Street in Eau Claire.
No one was hurt, but several people who lived there were forced out of the multi-unit home.

The Eau Claire Fire Department says it was likely caused by an electrical failure. Damage is estimated at about $109,000.



 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus