Two people hurt after propane flash in Trempealeau Co.

TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis. (WEAU) -- Two people are hurt after a propane flash in Trempealeau County.

According to the sheriff's department, it happened just after 10:30 Monday morning at the Ettrick Elementary School.

Deputies said an exterior propane system was being assessed for scheduled maintenance when a flashover occurred from an unknown source or leak.

The two people hurt are identified as 62-year-old Dale Anderson of Ettrick and 48-year-old Chad Longmair of Linwood, Minnesota.

One was flown by helicopter and one was taken by ambulance to a La Crosse hospital.

Deputies said there was no danger to the students at Ettrick Elementary.



 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus