11 people displaced following duplex fire in La Crosse

By  | 

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) -- 11 people are without a home after their apartment went up in flames in La Crosse.

Firefighters were called to a duplex on the 1700 block of Jackson Street just after 4 a.m. Sunday.

Crews found heavy smoke and fire coming from the second floor.

Crews say they were able to control the fire within minutes, but smoke and fire damage is severe.

Everyone in the home made it out safely and was accounted for. No one was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the 11 who are displaced.

Firefighters say an overheated electrical wiring on an air conditioner caused the fire.

The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus