WEAU | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | News, Weather, & Sports

Overnight Fire in Eau Claire

A late night fire in Eau Claire may have been started by a candle.

Eau Claire firefighters say they got to the house on 8th Street after 11pm Thursday night.

They quickly put out a fire in the basement, but it caused about $15,000 in damage.

No one was injured.

The renters stayed at a friend's house overnight.

Firefighters will be back at the scene Friday morning. .


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11425126 - weau.com/a?a=11425126