House Fire

Firefighters said a house fire on Eau Claire's north side caused about $70,000 in damage. The man who owns the house says his space heater started his bedding on fire.

It happened at around 5:30 Sunday morning. The two people inside tried putting it out, and the owner burnt his hands.

Firefighters said it looks like the furnace inside wasn't working, and the bedroom was on fire when they got there.

They say the bedroom and attic sustained significant damage, with lesser damage done to the rest of the home.