Power of Attorney for Health Care

By  | 

In order to help avoid battles like the one between Terri Schiavo's husband and family, the state Department of Health and Family Services has a simple form they encourage anyone over 18 to fill out.
It details the person's wishes for nursing home care, organ donation, and feeding tube provisions among others.
The power of attorney for health care forms can be obtained from area hospitals and health care providers, or you can access the forms from the state's website: http://dhfs.wisconsin.gov/forms/AdvDirectives/ADFormsPOA.htm