WEAU | Eau Claire, Wisconsin | News, Weather, & Sports

Neck Warmer Possible Source of Chippewa Falls Fire

By: Mary Rinzel
By: Mary Rinzel

Fire officials say a neck warmer may have caused a fire at a home on Badger Street in Chippewa Falls early yesterday morning.
They say residents put the warmer in the microwave, then threw it outside after it caught fire, thinking it wasn't burning any longer.
Fire officials say at just before 4 a.m., four people were sleeping in the two-story house when the father awoke to the smell of smoke.
The mother and one son were waiting outside when the fire department arrived.
Another son needed to be rescued through his bedroom window.
He was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital for smoke inhalation and was later released.
Damage is estimated around $100,000.


WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2056342