Neck Warmer Possible Source of Chippewa Falls Fire

By  | 

Fire officials say a neck warmer may have caused a fire at a home on Badger Street in Chippewa Falls early yesterday morning.
They say residents put the warmer in the microwave, then threw it outside after it caught fire, thinking it wasn't burning any longer.
Fire officials say at just before 4 a.m., four people were sleeping in the two-story house when the father awoke to the smell of smoke.
The mother and one son were waiting outside when the fire department arrived.
Another son needed to be rescued through his bedroom window.
He was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital for smoke inhalation and was later released.
Damage is estimated around $100,000.