NEW INFORMATION: 2nd suspect in violin theft to plead not guilty

By  | 

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A second Milwaukee man accused in the theft of a $5 million Stradivarius violin in January is also expected to plead not guilty to robbery charges.

Universal K. Allah is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday. He and Salah Salahadyn are accused of felony robbery.

Salahadyn pleaded not guilty last month. Allah's defense attorney, Paul Ksicinski, said Tuesday he plans to enter a not-guilty plea on his client's behalf Wednesday.

Ksicinski says he's still waiting to receive police reports in the case.

Prosecutors say the 36-year-old Allah provided the stun gun used to attack and rob violin virtuoso Frank Almond. The criminal complaint says Salahadyn had been plotting to steal a Stradivarius.

The 300-year-old violin was missing for nine days before police recovered it in good condition.




 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus