Fire Destroys House in Union

By  | 

An unattended candle is believed to have sparked a fire causing over half a million dollars in damage to a home in Union Monday night.

Township firefighters from all five stations fought the blaze on 9500 Murphy Lane near the Dunn County Line.

The owner of the home, Bob Flynn, says it's devastating to watch his home become engulfed in flames, but he's thankful the family made it out safely.

While the firefighters where attempting to contain the blaze, the roof of the house collapsed. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Township fire was assisted by Elk Mound and Rock Creek fire departments. The fire was called in around 8:15 p.m. Monday and firefighters did not leave the scene until early Tuesday morning.