CO Poisoning on Bus

Three teenage girls from Illinois suffered severe symptoms of carbon-monoxide poisoning yesterday afternoon driving through Janesville.

Their condition stabilized after they were taken to oxygen-rich chambers at a Milwaukee hospital.

Fire commander Tim Ehlers says the bus was carrying a girl's volleyball team from Schaumburg, Illinois, to Watertown. Nine people were on the bus.

He says the exhaust system on the ten-person bus apparently malfunctioned, sending the odorless gas seeping into the cabin.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8804862 - weau.com/a?a=8804862