The weather is allowing some annual visitors to start growing in lawns, something that's also the cause of many pet illnesses.
The cool weather in early August made for ideal conditions for the growth of poisonous mushrooms.
Mushrooms thrive during the spring and fall months. But with the low temperatures, more typical of October than August, the mushrooms are already thriving.
The rain and cool days dampened the ground and organic material promoting their growth.
Dr. Kevin Landorf says in his 15 years as a vet, he's never seen three mushroom poisoning cases in such a short time span.
Dr. Landorf also says that prevention of exposure to mushrooms, especially for puppies, is vital because if enough is ingested it can be fatal.
The symptoms of pet mushroom poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration.