Child playing with fireworks started Racine fire

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

RACINE, Wis. (AP) -- A child who was playing with fireworks inside a Racine home sparked a fire that caused no injuries, but caused more than $25,000 in damages.

The Racine Fire Department says the fire happened about 11 p.m. Saturday.

The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/1pp73Mo ) fire crews quickly put out the fire in the second floor bedroom. They determined the fire was caused by the child playing with fireworks.

------

Information from: The Journal Times, http://www.journaltimes.com

AP-WF-03-23-14 1658GMT


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251797081 - weau.com/a?a=251797081