Chimney fire causes $15,000 damage to home

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU)-- A fire caused about $15,000 in damage to a home in Eau Claire County Wednesday.

It happened around 11:30 a.m. on Kane Road in the Town of Union.
No one was hurt in the fire.

Township Fire says it started in the wall near the chimney and an electrical outlet area. There's no word yet on what caused it. The fire was under control within an hour and crews cleared the scene around 3:30 p.m.

Firefighters say the cold weather caused some issues with equipment and personnel. Several other fire department were called in to help with the fire.


The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 247340591 - weau.com/a?a=247340591
Gray Television, Inc.