EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- The Eau Claire Fire Department responded to a cooking fire in Eau Claire Sunday night.
Crews were called to St. John's Apartments at 815 Chapin Street for a fire alarm just after 10 p.m.
When firefighters arrived they were told smoke was coming out of apartment 223.
When they arrived they found a cooking fire that had already been extinguished by the sprinkler system in the building.
One resident of the apartment building was taken to the hospital for medical issues not related to the fire.
Crews were on scene for about 45 minutes.
The damage of the kitchen fire is estimated to be about $2,000.