EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (RELEASE) -- The City of Eau Claire is preparing for the 2015 Eau Claire Marathon on Sunday, May 3rd. With the marathon comes an increased traffic volume, both vehicular and pedestrian. Racers, spectators, and volunteers will be traveling to and from the Carson Park area and will be looking for parking near Carson Park and along the course routes.
To maintain a safe environment, there will be street closures and parking restrictions.
The following closures will be in effect between 7:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.:
• Water Street, from 1st Avenue to 9th Avenue
• State Street, from Lexington Boulevard to Washington Street
• Washington Street, State Street to S. Farwell Street
• Graham Avenue, from Eau Claire Street to Jefferson Street/Gilbert Avenue
• Dewey Street Bridge
There will also be delays at the following intersections:
• W. Madison Street and Oxford Avenue
• Fifth Avenue and W. Grand Avenue
• E. Lake Street and Graham Avenue
There will be parking restrictions along the race routes that will be posted with "No Parking Marathon Sunday" signs. There will be no parking allowed in Carson Park before the race.
There are 4 designated parking areas:
• 1202 Menomonie Street (Walk to Carson Park - No Shuttle)
• 198 Water Street - UWEC Parking Lot (Shuttle to Carson Park)
• 2703 Craig Road - Clarion Hotel (Shuttle to Carson Park)
• 601 Cameron Street - Mayo Health Systems Lot #14/15 (Shuttle to Carson Park)
Shuttles will run from 6:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Pick-up locations will be marked at the lots and in Carson Park.
With the increase in vehicle and pedestrian traffic, we urge drivers to be cautious and courteous. Plan your route and parking, be aware of your surroundings, and plan for extra time to get to your destination. A record number of participants and spectators is anticipated. We’re working together to make this a successful and safe event for all.