EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (EAU CLAIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT NEWS RELEASE) -- The following information is being released to the public regarding the Fourth of July festivities in Carson Park in effort to ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday.
• Carson Park Drive will be limited only to one-way traffic into the park from the Menomonie Street entrance after 6:00 p.m.
• Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the park after 9:30 p.m.
• Following the fireworks show, traffic exiting the park will only be one-way out to Menomonie Street.
• Vehicles will only be allowed to turn right toward North Clairemont Avenue.
• Be patient and follow police instructions when exiting Carson Park following the fireworks show.
• Parking inside Carson Park is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please refrain from “saving” parking spaces for others by placing coolers or other items in the spots.
• Along with parking in the parking lots, some parking will be allowed on Carson Park Drive at various locations. Please obey all posted “No Parking” signs.
• No parking will be allowed on any grassy area within Carson Park. This will be monitored and strictly enforced. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
• Additional parking is available at Hobbs Municipal Ice Center and near the park’s Menomonie Street entrance.
• No personal fireworks (including sparklers) will be permitted inside Carson Park.
• For the safety of all and to limit traffic congestion, pedestrians are asked to use bike paths and remain off of the roadways at all times while travelling into or out of the park.
• Carson Park will be very busy and highly congested with various events taking place. Please be courteous of other park patrons and help to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.