Family urging awareness of potential pet poisoning hazards

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- A family is urging pet owners to be aware of potential poisoning hazards for animals after their dog dies from eating mushrooms.

Scott and Jody Erdman rushed their dog to a vet, but he died hours later. They reportedly said their six-month-old dog, Bosco, vanished on December 21. The family was having a picnic in the woods. The black Labrador retriever became violently ill that night, and was drooling and staggering. The North American Mycological Association says Bosco ate a mushroom called Amanita pantherina. It says dogs often eat it and survive, but Bosco was more sensitive to it because of his age.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238453181 - weau.com/a?a=238453181