Fire causes nearly $2,000 in damage at Chippewa Falls business

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WEAU) -- A fire at a business caused nearly $2,000 in damage Tuesday morning.

It happened at Great Northern Corporation on Palmer Street in Chippewa Falls. The Chippewa Falls Fire Department says it responded before 10 a.m. Tuesday, and found a fire in a wall of the business. Crews had to rip out part of the wall. They had the fire out in about 10 minutes. The building was evacuated. People were let back inside about a half-hour later.

Nobody was hurt. Firefighters believe a malfunctioning grinder caused the fire.


The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266258161 - weau.com/a?a=266258161
Gray Television, Inc.