ALTOONA, Wis. (WEAU) -- Crews put out a fire at an apartment in Altoona on Saturday. It happened at 1527 Spooner Ave. around 5 p.m.
Altoona fire crews said a smoldering cigarette is believed to have start the fire in the four-plex. Everyone was able to get out safely and no one was injured.
Crews say when they arrived, most of the smoke was coming from the second floor of the complex.
"I don't think there is a lot of damage," said Shawn Loegering with Altoona Fire & Rescue. "Just some siding that's going to need to be replaced and some wood work on the outside, but nothing serious."
Most of the damage was the outside of the building along with smoke damage.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.