Fire crews respond to chimney fire at hotel in Eau Claire

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- The Eau Claire Fire Department said it responded to a chimney fire at the American Best Value Inn.

Fire crews said it got a report around 10 a.m. Sunday at 809 W. Clairemont Avenue.

When crews arrived, they said there were workers on the roof of the hotel working around the chimney.

Firefighters used ground ladders along with an aerial truck to get onto the roof with fire hoses and equipment to extinguish a fire around the chimney.

People in the hotel were relocated to another part of the building while the fire was extinguished.

Firefighters say the probable cause is a boiler chimney problem. Crews were on scene for several hours.

They say the damage estimate is at $15,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 254124131 - weau.com/a?a=254124131