Fire damages Chippewa county home

View Map

Three people are misplaced from their home tonight after a fire broke out in Chippewa Falls.

Chippewa Falls Fire Department says it happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon on 203 Street in the town of Lafayette.

Crews were called to a chimney fire that got into the attic.
Crews were able to stop fire from spreading to the main floor, and had it under control just before 4pm.

15 fire trucks battled the fire.
The Chippewa Falls Fire Department says main floor of the home has water damage.

The Red Cross is assisting the family, and no one was hurt.