Fire sparked by unattended food on stove in Chippewa Co.

WHEATON, Wis. (WEAU) – Fire crews say it took a hundred gallons of water and foam to put out a fire in Chippewa County on Sunday.

The Chippewa Fire District says around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, crews were called to a home on 57th Ave. in the town of Wheaton.

Crews attacked the fire which started in the kitchen of the home.

They say it took 15 minutes and about a hundred gallons of water and foam to put it out.

Crews say unattended food on the stove started the blaze and damage was contained in the kitchen.

Smoke detectors alerted the resident in the home who was able to leave quickly and safely to call 9-1-1.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 253135971 - weau.com/a?a=253135971