Firefighters battle electrical fire at Eau Claire home

MGN Online
By  | 

EAU CLAIRE, Wis-- The Eau Claire Fire Department says they were called to a home on Grand Ave around 3:15 pm Sunday. Firefighters say on arrival they found light smoke in the home. Using a thermal imaging camera, firefighters located a hot spot in an interior wall and ceiling. Crews had to open up some interior walls and part of a floor to find the source of the smoldering fire. Two family members were home escaped the home safely. Firefighters say the cause of fire was electrical. The damage is estimated at $5,000.