Gas leak found, repaired at site of Town of Brunswick fireworks stand

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- Crews repaired a natural gas line after they found a leak on Monday morning.

The Township Fire Department responded to Karrisa Drive in the Eau Claire County Town of Brunswick on a report of a gas leak before 10 a.m. Monday. They found a tent that was being used as a fireworks stand. As workers were taking it apart, they found that the stakes in the ground had hit a two-inch natural gas line. Investigators say the gas line had not leaked enough while the tent was in place that anyone noticed it.

Xcel Energy stopped the leak and repaired the line. Nobody was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WEAU 13 NEWS 1907 S. Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54701 By Phone: Main Number (715) 835-1313 and (715) 832-3474. Tip Line (715) 839-WEAU - (715) 839-9328 Sports Line (715) 852-1537
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266086311 - weau.com/a?a=266086311