House fire in Eau Claire kills two dogs

By  | 

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- A house fire Wednesday afternoon left a family without two of its pets.

The fire happened on Solem Lane in Eau Claire.

The Eau Claire Fire Department says the fire was likely sparked by an electrical appliance.

Investigators tell WEAU 13 News the fire melted a water pipe, flooding the home's basement.

The department says the damage is estimated at $30,000. No one was home when the fire started, but two dogs died inside.

The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus