LA CROSSE, Wis. (RELEASE FROM LA CROSSE POLICE DEPT.)-- The La Crosse Police Department would like to ensure that everyone experiences a safe and enjoyable Halloween.
The La Crosse Police Department would like to encourage parents to review the following SAFETY TIPS with their children:
• Limit Hours of “Meet ‘n Treat” to between 4:00pm and 8:00pm
• Citizens wishing to greet children with a treat should keep their outdoor lights on during these hours
• Young children should be accompanied by a parent or older, responsible person during their “treating” rounds
• Take all treats home to be examined before eating anything
• People are encouraged to give out only wrapped or packaged candy
• Wear light colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping, add reflective tape to the sides, front and back of costume
• Stay within the neighborhood and visit homes that you know
• Watch for traffic, drivers should be on constant lookout for children
• Children should carry a flashlight
• Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and become frightened.
Halloween is a time for fun. Let’s all work together and have a safe night.