Medical Rescue Ambulance Abstract Photo
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) -- Crews evacuated several people in a residential area because of a liquid nitrogen leak.
It happened just before 6 a.m. Thursday. The La Crosse Fire Department says it responded to Mississippi Welders Supply on George Street on a report of a loud noise and a vapor cloud coming from a tank that was adjacent to the building. Firefighters found the leak and stopped it. They monitored the area with meters to determine it was safe. Nobody was hurt.
Fewer than 20 people were evacuated for less than an hour while crews worked on the leak.