Man accused in Montee Ball attack reaches deal

By  | 

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- One of three men accused of attacking Wisconsin running back Montee Ball in August has reached a deal with prosecutors.

Twenty-one-year-old Wendell Venerable of Madison is scheduled for a plea hearing Dec. 17. His lawyer, Brian Hough, told the Wisconsin State Journal (http://bit.ly/TKfF4A) he could not comment on the agreement, but confirmed Friday that one had been reached.

Venerable is charged with substantial battery for the alleged Aug. 1 attack. Two other men charged in the case -- 22-year-old Robert A. Wilks and 21-year-old Deonte J. Wilson, both of Madison -- are scheduled for jury selection on Dec. 17.

The three are charged with attacking Ball as he walked behind two friends, leaving Ball unconscious and with a concussion. Ball has said he does not remember the attack.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus