NEW INFORMATION: Chippewa, St. Croix County now accepting marriage license applications for same-sex couples

By  | 

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (CHIPPEWA COUNTY NEWS RELEASE) -- Chippewa County will not be denying applicants for same-sex marriage licenses.

MGN Online


1. Licenses may only be issued to residents of Chippewa County or out of state residents wishing to be married in Chippewa County (residency must be proven - Driver's license or mail, etc.).
2. Applicants must apply in person - together between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
3. A certified copy of the birth certificate of each applicant must be presented (issued from the state or county with the raised seal. Not a hospital copy!).
4. A photo ID and Social Security number for each applicant must be presented.
5. If either applicant was previously married, a copy of the final judgment of divorce, annulment or certified death certificate to prove how and when the last marriage ended must be presented. In Wisconsin it is unlawful for any person to marry until 6 months and 1 day after the date of the order granting divorce.
6. Applicants will be asked who will be performing the ceremony and are expected to provide the name, address and phone number of the wedding officiant.
7. The marriage application fee is $70 and can be paid in cash or check.
HUDSON, Wis. (ST. CROIX COUNTY - MARRIAGE LICENSE WEBSITE) -- Effective June 11, 2014, St. Croix County will issue same-sex marriage licenses.

•Marriage licenses are issued by the County Clerk's Office.
•Applications are accepted weekdays between 8:00am and 4:00pm
•Both parties must be present to apply for a marriage license.
•No appointment is necessary.
•Required documents must be presented at the time of application.
•Application fee of $100.00 is due at the time of application--cash or check only (no debit or credit cards) and is non-refundable.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus