WHITEHALL, Wis. (WEAU) -- Investigators say all of the victims of carbon monoxide-related injuries at a home near Arcadia have survived.
They made the comments during a news conference in Whitehall on Monday. Most were treated at the hospital and released, although the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department could not provide an exact number. It says there are 10 people listed on the lease for the house on Rainey Valley Road near Arcadia. The home appeared to have run out of LP gas. Investigators did not know if the tennants were eligible for heating assistance or had applied for it.
The department expects to release more information on Monday. Watch for an update on WEAU 13 News at 5 and on weau.com.
WHITEHALL, Wis. (WEAU) -- A sheriff's department plans to hold a news conference on a series of carbon monoxide-related injuries at a home near Arcadia.
The news conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday. 13 people were overcome by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used inside the home on Rainey Valley Road. Dispatchers took a report of an unknown medical condition late Sunday afternoon. First responders found seven adults and five children suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Some were unconscious. A police officer who responded was also overcome and was treated and released from a local hospital. Three helicopters and five ambulances were dispatched to the scene to transport the injured. Their conditions are not immediately known.
Investigators say it appears the occupants were using the grill in the kitchen for heat. WEAU 13 News will be at the news conference. Watch for new information on our evening newscasts and on weau.com.